My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Ford to Bath 8th November 2018

My final walk with the Cotswold Wardens on the Cross Cotswold Way (which runs from Banbury to Bath). A coach from Bourton on the Water to Ford for the linear walk to the centre of Bath. Through Slaughterford, Box, Batheaston, Bathford and finally beside the Kennet and Avon Canal to the Abbey in the centre of Bath.

12.25 miles 1062 feet ascent.

Cotswold Wardens








At  the start


The church at Slaughterford



Lunch in the playing filed at Box. This is Box Rock Circus a display of many different types of rock.

Bathford comes into view


Over the level crossing

To the Kennet and Avon Canal




The headquarters of the canal company built over the canal. A drovers bridge in front.

Mr Heron near the end of the walk

No comments:

Post a Comment