My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 12th September 2023 - Scafell Pike

A very different walk today and one I  have wanted to do for some time. A linear route starting from Seathwaite Farm and following the corridor route to the highest point in England. The conditions were good, cool and bright sunshine at the lower levels. The walk was only 10 miles but there is a 3000 feet climb.


The track along to Stockley Bridge the route goes up to Greenhow Knott just to the left of tte trees.


Looking back to the start

The route initially goes gently upwards. Great Slack is the high point on the left.

Styhead Tarn - the route goes around the top of this to the left

Looking back at Styhead Tarn



The track becomes much more stoney the higher up you go

Looking down the valley for Lingmell Beck


Very foggy on top




The 'bad step' on the way back. On the way out you have to come down this and then climb up on the way back. Quite a bit of congestion at this point. I found it harder going down and easier climbing up!

Styhead Tarn


Looking down to Seathwaite Farm


No comments:

Post a Comment