My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 20th July 2022 Guiting Power

Our normal Tuesday walk had been cancelled due to the heatwave when the hottest temperatures in this country in my lifetime were recorded. Today the temperatures were back to normal so I did a recce from Guiting Power for another walk later this year. Very dull and much, much cooler. Our green and pleasant land has been replaced by a brown and burned land. A combination of the recent heat and lack of rain,

Starting from Guiting Power to Kineton then around the edge of Guiting Wood to Deadmanbury Gate. On past Roel Gate Farm to Hawling and then back to Guiting Power. About 9 miles with 900 feet of ascent.

Guiting Power


 

 


Brown and Burned






No comments:

Post a Comment