My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 5th July 2022 - Sticklepath - Dartmoor

Return to Dartmoor for my first walk with my old friends this year. We started from Sticklepath and followed the River Taw back to Belstone. On to the edge of Taw Marsh to cross the river at the ford then gently up to White Moor Stone Circle.  Up agan to Cosdon Beacon before coming steeply back down. About 8 miles with 1200 feet of ascent. Dull at first but much brighter later.



River Taw
 

Through the old mine workings on the edge of Taw Marsh. Steeperton tor in the Distance.


Crossing the River at the ford.


Brenda and Jane negotiating the boggy bits - good to see the bog cotton out again.

White Moor Stone Circle

On the way up Cosdon Hill looking back with Hound Tor, Wild Tor and Hangingstone Hill in the far distance

Steeperton Tor as the clouds blew in

The cairn on Cosdon Hill

Jane, Mike, Charlie, Liz and Brenda

Going down


No comments:

Post a Comment