My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 12th July Quenington

Back to Quenington for the walk to Bibury and Coln St Andrews. For many visitors to the Cotswolds Bibury is the place to go to. It is very pretty and iconic but not necessarily the best.  The forecast was for a very hot day but fortunately for us there was cloud cover which stopped it from getting too hot. About 8 miles and fairly flat walk with about 600 feet of ascent.


The landscape has changed as the crops change colour.

The Swan at Bibury

 

 Arlington Row

One of the many mills by the river.

River Coln
 
Lots of fish in the net being transferred to re-stock the river.


The Mill House in Coln St Aldwyns



No comments:

Post a Comment