My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 28th January 2020 Dartmoor - around Burrator

A return to Dartmoor for a walk with my old friends. Starting from the quarry car park and along the old railway track to the leat. Next towards the Norsworthy Plantation and down to Norsworthy Bridge. Along the old track to Deancombe and then up to the top of Sheeps Tor. Back down to the reservoir and on to the Rock for lunch. 

A mixture of sunshine, rain and snow showers - so typical of Dartmoor at this time of the year.


The end of the leat.


On the way up....

...with Hen Tor in the distance.

Looking across to Leather Tor and Sharpitor

On Sheeps Tor looking back over the reservoir



No comments:

Post a Comment