My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Thursday 30th January 2020 - Fish Hill

A gloomy start from Fish Hill.  A gentley walk to Dover's Hill and then down through The Lynches Wood to the Weston-sub-Edge. On to Saintbury and Broadway.

Lunch in the Horse and Hound to celebrate Bruno's recent 80th birthday.

A different route up to Broadway Tower rather then the usual direct path on the Cotswold Way.

10 miles and 1200 feet ascent.




Dover's Hill



Snowdrops in Saintbury


The very muddy patch

Lunch stop

The cake

Happy birthday Bruno!


The boggy patch on the way up

The Tower


No comments:

Post a Comment