My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 8th January 2020 - Cotswold Way 9 - Cleeve Hill to Hailes Abbey

The ninth leg of the walk and the easist so far.  A short bus ride to the golf club at Cleeve Hill.

Down around the edge of Cleeve Hill to Postlip Hall and on to Postlip Hall Farm where they had started to gather the sheep in prior to the lambing season which starts in three weeks time.

Gently down again and then up through the Breakheart Plantation on the only steep bit of the walk.

Next to Belas Knap and then down to the Corner Cupboard in Winchcombe for lunch.

Through Winchcombe after lunch to Puck Pit Lane and then across the very muddy fields to Hailes Abbey. .

8.5 miles and 880 feet ascent

Click here for the preious leg

Click here for the next leg

Postlip Farm


A coffee stop with fine views over Langley Hill and Winchcombe

Emerging from the woods at the top of a steep climb

Belas Knap comes into view



On the way down to Winchcombe

Excellent service and value for money at the Corner Cupboard

The very muddy fields on the way to Hailes Abbey


Hailes Abbey and .....

...the little church

No comments:

Post a Comment