My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 29th December 2019 Charlton Kings

Mulled wine and mince pies kindly provided by our walk leaders Sarah and Dave.

Then out from Charlton Kings and steeply up to Whistley Hill to join the Cotswold Way to Severn Springs and Leckhampton Hill. Lunch on the top as the sun shone all around but not on us! Down through the woods with an excellent and different view of the chimney, on to the disused lime kilns. Down the tramway track to Daisybank Road and finally down Sandy Lane to return to the start.

8.5 miles and 1400 feet of ascent.









Steeply up through Timbercombe

Not much space for passing

The view across Cheltenham from Hartley Hill



The chimney from below



The site of the old limestone kilns

The tramway down


No comments:

Post a Comment