My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 6th February 2024 - Sheepscombe

A really dull day with a strong wind on the higher parts. Starting in Sheepscombe and going up through the Cotswolds Commons and Beechwood National Nature Reserve. Then through Climperwell Wood and Hazel Hanger Wood. Returning over Saltridge Hill. 7.5 miles with 800ft ascent.


A wonderful bank of snowdrops

Round through the woods


And up again.

The well in Climperwell Wood

An old wall but with space for the animals to get through

Then the rain came in but it didn't last long.

The cricket pavillion at Sheepscombe


Reeds for a local basket maker.


No comments:

Post a Comment