My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 20th February 2024 - Andoversford

 

Starting today in Andoversford and following the reverse route for the Coln 3 river trail. Gloomy at first but much brighter later. Our route took us through the old Point to Point track at the Sandywell Park Showground, through Foxcote and down to Withington. Finally back through Shipstone Solers. Just under 8 miles with 600 feet ascent. Lots of rain recently so very wet under foot in places. Great to get some sunshine in the second half of the walk.


Initially very wet under foot.

A lovely bank of snowdrops in Foxcote

Looking back at Foxcote

Past the farm for the racing trainer Kim Bailey. We stopped for coffee beside the gallops track.


Upcote Farm
 
Into the village of Withington.

St Michael and All Angels church Withington.

The footpath runs alongside the cemetry with several low bridges

Over the River Coln

A flooded field

Up the steep bit through the woods

The ford at Shipton Solers

Andoversford below


No comments:

Post a Comment