My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Friday 3rd November 2023 - Princetown to Tavistock

A linear walk from Princetown to Tavistock. Sunshine as we left Tavistock but as we got higher we went into the cloud and rain. At the start we were in thick cloud and rain. Initially following the disused railway line. Going to Swell Tor quarry, King's Tor and Merrivale. Around Vixen Tor, over Pew Tor and finally back to Tavistock.  10 miles with James, Jess and Charlie dog

On the disused railway track in Princetown

Swell Tor quarry

King's Tor

Merrivale standing stone

Merrivale stone row

Going down to Merrivale

Vixen Tor and the forbidden area

Pew Tor

Strange light as the lower level of cloud move away

The quarry on Pew Tor


Through the golf course and into Tavistock





 

No comments:

Post a Comment