My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Friday 4th August 2023 - Brecon Beacons

A day trip to the Brecon Beacons. Many years since I last walked in this area. My route took me up from the main car park to Corn Du, Pen Y Fan, Cribyn and Fan y Big. Only 8 miles but a much tougher walk than usual with 3,000 ft ascent. A relatively dull day but fantastic views in all direction.


Good to see this was intact. On previous visits this was always broken - seems some object to the fact that Eagle Star could ever have owned a part of Wales.

Corn Du comes into view. It is a relatively easy walk up from the car park.

After about 40 minutes I was at the top of Corn Du looking down on the glaciated valley

Pen y Fan from Corn Du

The easy path across to Pen y Fan from Corn Du.


A selfie on top with Cribyn behind

From Pen y Fan looking across to Cribyn

The steep path up to Fan y Big

The gap between Cribyn and Fan y Big

The view from Fan y Big to Cribyn, Pen y Fan and Corn Du

A selfie on Fan y Big

Below is the steep path up to Cribyn

On Cribyn looking back at Fan y Big

Enjoying the view northwards  from Cribyn

The way back. The steep path back up Pen y Fan

The path back down. Lots of people using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment