My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 16th May 2023 - Sidmouth

A coastal wak from Sidmouth on a beautiful sunny spring morning. Wildflowers in abundance. Up and over Salcombe Hill and on to Salcombe Regis. Through Dunscombe and Dunscombe Coppice. Steeply down around the Salcombe Mouth and very steeply back up again. Back over Salcombe Hill to Sidmouth. 7 miles with 1250 feet of ascent.

Looking back at Sidmouth


Bluebells on Salcombe Hill


Looking over Salcombe Mouth

On the coastal path

Looking over Salcombe Mouth from the other side


The way back up

Sidmouth


No comments:

Post a Comment