My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 14th February 2023 - Broadway

A beautiful spring day and a longer walk starting from Broadway. Going through Childswickham, Aston Somerville, Laverton and Stanton. In the main it was a very easy walk, almost flat for the first 7 miles. Then a very steep climb up  the escarpment from Laverton to join the Cotswold Way. After this it was down again to Broadway.  12 miles with 1000 feet of ascent.


Through the holiday park

St Mary's Church, Childswickham

Childswickham


A place to rest in a field with a view.

Across the heritage railway line


Laverton


The horse and pony came past

On the Winchcombe Way to Stanton


Looking back at Laverton

A picnic lunch stop at the church of St Michael, Stanton

Going up the steep bit

At the top

St Eadburgh's Church

Broadway




No comments:

Post a Comment