My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Thursday 21st February 2023 Birdlip

A solo walk and a recce for another day. 7 miles with 1350 feet of ascent. From Birdlip and steeply down to Great Witcombe.  Across the reservoirs then steeply up to the edge of Cooper's Hill.  Up again to The Buckholt. Through Buckholt Wood and on to the Cotswold Way to return. A dull grey misty day.

This walk was not suitable for the intended group. I will save it for a different group at another time


The woods on Birdlip Hill

The path goes steeply down. The reservoirs in the distance and Cooper's Hill

Across the reservoir


Looking back to Birdlip Hill

Buckholt Wood

Cotswold Way to return.


No comments:

Post a Comment