My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 10th January 2023 - North Cerney on a wet day

A very wet walk from North Cerney. So wet  and slippery under foot too after all the rain we have had. We followed the River Churn down to Baunton returning through Bagendon. Nearly 8 miles with 500 feet of ascent


Off into the rain


The footpath goes through this field - our leader was keen for us to go this way but no one else was! Fortunately there was a plan B

Baunton with the flooded field next to the river

Into an area known as Forty Acre Copse with these very unusual rotating metal gates.

Over there! Bruno pointing out some ancient history.

St Margaret's Church, Bagendon



The donkeys came across, I think they thought we might have some food

A tree which has grown into itself to form a natural sculpture

No comments:

Post a Comment