My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 23rd August 2022 - Elmley Castle

With the Tuesday group for a walk starting from Elmley Castle. Another lovely sunny day. 7 miles with 600 feet of ascent.


Our route took us up Hill Lane to Fox Hill Woods and Windmill Hill (about half way up Bredon Hill).  We came back down through Cames Coomb wood. Then through Great Comberton, Little Comberton and Bricklehampton.

Elmley Castle is within the Cotswold AONB but is very untypically Cotswolds with red brick and timber framed houses.  


 St Mary's Church, Elmley Castle 

Windmill Hill with the sheep resting in the shade

Cames Coomb Wood

Heading towards Great Comberton with the Malvern Hills in the distance

The church of St Michael, Great Comberton

The church of St Peter, Little Comberton


A wonderful old tree which the footpath goes under
 
St Michael and All Angels church Bricklehampton.


No comments:

Post a Comment