My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 21st July 2021. Childswickham

A very easy flat walk with the Winchcombe Probus group starting from Childswickham on a  very hot day! Only 4 miles in total.




Ready for harvesting?

The horses followed and want to join in on the walk

A most unusual sign on a footpath but later discovered that nearby is The Retreat House which offers accomodation to various Christian faiths so this is probably connected

A really old vintage tractor still in use.

Entering Childswhickham

Most unusual fungus

The Retreat House

Lunch at the Childswickham Inn. Excellent food served in the garden and on such a hot day it had  'continental' feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment