My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Monday 4th May 2020 Kineton


A longer walk today from my front door. Initially I followed the Warden's Way past Sudeley Castle, Sudeley Lodge and Parks Farm to Deadmanbury Gate. Then trhough Guiting Wood to Manor House and up to Kineton. Returning past Sheephouse Barn, around the edge of Guiting Wood joining the Winchcombe Way through Little Farmcote and then on the Gloucestershire Way to return to Winchcombe.  Cool with a hazy sun. The Cotswolds are in my view at their most glorious at this time of the year. Fresh green leaves as the trees and hedgerows come alive, an abundance of wild flowers combined with bright splashes of yellow as the rapeseed fields flower.

13.5 miles and 1800 feet of ascent.

Leaving Winchcombe

Past the gatehouse to Sudeley Castle


The Warden's Way going through Home Parks

Lambs playing


Rapeseed


Cleeve Hill in the far distance

Looking back at the castle and Winchcombe







The new an repaired stone wall perfectly spliced into the old by the Saltway

Guiting Woods


The ford on Critchford Lane

The Halfway House at Kineton

Wisteria

Guiting Woods in the distance





Looking across to North Farmcote



Looking back down on Winchcombe and Langley Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment