My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Friday 15th May 2020 - Alderton


Good to get in the car again and be able to drive from somewhere else. Starting from Alderton and following the Winchcombe Way around Alderton and Dumbleton Hill.

6 miles and 500 feet of ascent.


Looking across to Gretton with Langley Hill behind



These were sheltering in the shade under the trees



The Warren

War Memorial at Dumbleton

St Peters Church Dumbleton


The old water fountain

Cricket club

Looking across to Bredon Hill

Bluebells have now gone past their best

Through the woods

Out of the woods - Bredon Hill in the distance


The childrens playground in Alderton - out of bounds in these difficult times

The Gardeners Arms - a beer would have been good but not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment