My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 4th August 2026 - Fur Tor

Back with my old friends for the annual walk to Fur Tor starting from Postbridge. Much cooler than yesterday with some light rain on the way out. The ususal route through Sandy Hole Pass and over Cut Hill. Remote Dartmoor at it's best, returning the same way. 10.5 miles with 1500 feet ascent.


 


Across to Hartland Tor

The light rain clouds swirl all around.  So refreshing to walk in the rain


Fur tor comes into view - on the left. Great Links Tor on the right in the far distance


On Fur Tor for a picnic

Getting ready to walk back




Fur Tor with Hare Tor behind

Great Links tor


Sandy Hole Pass

Heading back down to Postbridge with Yar Tor in the distance



No comments:

Post a Comment