My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Monday 3rd August 2026 - Around Burrator

Back on Dartmoor for a few days. A solo walk aroound Burrator starting from Dousland. Over Yennadon Down to pick up the old railway line, then to follow the leat for a while. Leather tor bridge, Raddick Lane and on to Crazy Well Pool. Across to Down Tor, Combshead Tor, Cuckoo Rock and back on the otherside of the reservoir. I turned out a bit hotter than expected! 11.5 miles.


Inital view of Burrator reservoir with Sheeps Tor behind

The end of the leat where the water drops down to the reservoir.

Leather Tor bridge

Crazy Well Pool with bathers



The reservoir from Down Tor

Combshead Tor



Cuckoo Rock

The reservoir was actually higher than I expected


No comments:

Post a Comment