My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 27th March 2023 Bude Canal and Coast Path

 A lovely sunny morning for a walk along the Bude canal, across the muddy fields and back to Bude on the coast path. 


The canal originally built to transport sand from the beach to farmers fields in Cornwall. The canal replaced 4,000 horses who had previously done this work.




Across the muddy fields to Widemouth Bay

Returning to Bude on the stunning coastal path.




The Victorian Storm Tower built in 1881. This is due to be moved 100  metres inland before it falls into the sea due to coastal erosion.  It will be moved brick by brick.  The cost of this is about £400k!




Back to Bude

No comments:

Post a Comment