My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 1st March 2022 - A walk in the forest from St Briavels

 

Nine of us on a dull day starting from St Briavels in the Forest-of-Dean. A tough walk with much mud, some steep climbs and fallen trees blocking the paths. Our route took us through Slade Bottom, partly up Wyegate Hill, to Bigsweear Bridge then following Offas Dyke path for a while beside the River Wye.  A steep ascent through the woods to St Briavels Common and back to the start.


Church of St Mary the Virgin, St Briavels.

Across the fields to the top of Slade Bottom

Down through the slippery mud in Slade Bottom and a group photo.



Beside the River Wye


Llandogo on the other side of the river.



Steeply up and negotiating the fallen trees


Clear directions on where the footpath goes.

Stange sculpture!

No comments:

Post a Comment