My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 28th July 2019 Standish Wood

Starting from the National Trust car park in Standish Wood. A short walk to the nearby topograph with fabulous views all the way to the Severn bridges. On to Haresfield Beacon and then down Vinegar Hill to Stratford Farm. Back up to the southern part of Standish Wood.  Following the footpaths to Randwick and Pitchcombe. Finally steeply up to return to the starting point.

6.5 miles and 1400 feet ascent.







The Topograph


On the way to Haresfield Beacon


Haresfield Beacon

Looking back to the start.

Down Vinegar Hill

Going back up again.

Seen better days

Randwick Church

Looking back to Randwick

Going alongside The Plain

At the bottom end of Sherman's Wood before the long climb back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment