My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 21st July 2019 Twyning

From the centre of Twyning on a fine sunny morning. Out over the M50 to Ripple to the River Severn and then under the M50 to the Mythe bridge at Tewkesbury. Across to the River Avon to return to Twyning.  A fairly flat walk which from the description looked easy. The reality was a bit different - lots of very poorly maintained stiles which made getting over them quite hard and following the River Severn was also difficult with long grass, brambles and few views of the river. Following the River Avon was a complete contrast - easy going and fine views of the river.

9 miles and 330 feet ascent.

Over the M50


One of the many tricky stiles

Negotiating junction 1 of the M50

Ripple

A relatively new water area by the M50

Under the M50



Almost next to the bridge is a mooring area - I wonder if it was built to help facilitate the building of the M50


Mythe Bridge, Tewkesbury

River Avon


No comments:

Post a Comment