My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Avening to Sherston 13th September 2018 XCW

The Cross Cotswold Way runs from Banbury to Bath and for most of the route it follows part of the Macmillan Way. Todays walk started at Avening. First stop was at Chavenge House (featured in the Poldark TV series as Trenwith). From here we walked into Tetbury for a lunch stop. The route from Tetbury takes you along the edge of Highrove House. On to the Westonbirt Arboretum and finally into Sherston.

9.7 miles and 330 feet.
















Toadflax in full bloom.


Chavenage House


Sharing the path

Tetbury


Highgrove and the police car.

Ann keeps the cattle back

Westonbirt Arboretum




Gulls behind the tractor

Sherston

No comments:

Post a Comment