My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 23rd January 2023 - Guiting Power - Stormy Weather

The weather was not as bad as the forecast! The previous weekend Storm Isha had passed over and on the day of our walk Storm Jocelyn was passing over. Winds were strong when we were exposed but the rain was relatively light. Starting from the Critchley Road car park near Guiting Power we first headed to Guting Power then Kineton and Temple Guiting. Finally around the edge of and through Guting Wood. Just 7 miles and 700ft ascent.


Guiting Power


Looking back at Guiting Power

A fallen tree blown down by Storm Isha




Guiting Wood



 

No comments:

Post a Comment