My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 24th October 2023 - Bibury

A fine sunny day on a route most of us had not done before. Starting in Bibury with a loop north  going past Saltway Barn, back through Ablington Downs  to Winson, Coln Rogers and Calcot. Returning along Potlicker's Lane, the edge of Ablington and Arlington. Exactly 10 miles with 750 feet of ascent


Arlington Row

Going down through Lamorough Banks


Winson

And a dinosaur!

Coln Rogers


After the heavy rains a flooded field

Lunch stop by the barns


The very boggy bit.....

.....and going around it.

Back to Bibury with the tourists


No comments:

Post a Comment