My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 9th November 2021 King's Stanley

A longer and harder walk today in an iconic part of the Cotswolds. Starting from King's Stanley and following the path up through the woods to Coaley Peak. Then down along the Cotwold Way past Hodgecombe Farm and steeply up again to Cam Long Down with fine views across the Severn estuary. A short excursion to the top of Cam Peak to look across to Dursley. Returning around Downham Hill to Uley, through the Owlpen valley and steeply up again to Nympsfield. The final leg was back to Coaley Peak, along the Cotswold Way to King's Stanley. A coffee stop at Court Fam before the drive home in the dark. About 12.5 miles with 2,200 feet of ascent.

With Pete, Bruno, Alex, Jo and Susanne.


On the way up

Fine views from Coaley Peak with Cam Long Down in the distance.

The topograph on Caley Peak

 May Hill in the distance and a splash of sunshine on the autumn leaves  

Cam Long Down - doesn't look so steep from this viewpoint....

                      ....but it really is from here.....

                           .....and here

Superb view on top of Cam Long Down -  Stroud in the distance and Coaley Peak on the right

The Arlingham loop and May Hill in the distance....


Looking over Cam Peak to Dursley - Tyndale monumnet just visible on the horizon


Downham Hill

Descending Cam Peak

The Owlpen Valley

Finally back on the Cotswold Way

No comments:

Post a Comment