My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 4th March 2020 CW11 - Broadway to Chipping Campden

The eleventh and final leg of the Cotswold Way from Broadway to Chipping Campden. Completing the 102 mile national trail we had all started on 1st May 2019. Only 6.5 miles today followed by a celebration lunch in the Lygon Arms at Chipping Campden. Great that so many of the walk leaders were able to join us.

We met in Chipping Campden to take the coach to the start in Broadway. A cool and mainly dull day. Steeply up to Broadway Tower with a coffee break at the picnic area on Fish Hill. Then along the Mile Drive to Dover's Hill before dropping down into Chipping Campden.

6.5 miles 1000 feet ascent.

Click here for the previous leg

The complete route from Bath to Chipping Campden. 11 walks to complete and hardly any rain on any of them.


The 400 year old Market Hall in Chipping Campden where the Cotswold Way starts and ends.

A group photo taken before the walk.

Starting the walk in Broadway


On the way up and well spread out.


The tower comes into view.



The old nuclear bunker



We meet the hunt on the Mile Drive


Dover's Hill

Chipping Campden


No comments:

Post a Comment